Sunday, January 02, 2005

starting again

New year. New blog. I think this is the third I've started. So far I've managed a week's worth of posts before getting snowed under, forgetting my password and eventually the web address of the publisher.

But not this time.

I'll post things I've seen and heard that made me pause for thought.

I'm a year into a church work in Bromley, on the southern tip of London heading out into Kent. There's lots of changes on the way. It'll be a fascinating journey. If you want to post ideas, thoughts, comments, I'd love to hear from you.

I'll do a profile in a while. But currently I'm listening to Dylan - who would be god but the position's filled. He's singing about trying to get to heaven before they close the door. In a moment he'll be reminding me 'it's not dark yet, but it's getting there' in a song that is the most moving meditation on growing yet committed to vinyl/tape/chips (whatever it is they burn master tapes onto these days)

Most of my thoughts are in the Indian Ocean where millions struggle with the aftermath of the tsunami. If you've not given yet, share something of your abundance with those that have nothing. Best place to go is www.dec.org.uk. It's painless and it makes a real difference.

More from me in the week. Look forward to meeting some of you - in a virtual way, of course. Let's take a sideways glance and see what shape the world is....

2 comments:

Ben Mizen said...

I hope your blog makes it beyond a week. Maybe this third attempt might be the one.

simon said...

yeah, I hope so too. Hold me to it, mate!